Stat 285-6, Spring 2019
Guidelines for Final Exam
1. The Final Exam will be held on May 14, 2019 (Tuesday) in the usual classroom starting at 8 pm and will last for two hours.
2. The Exam will cover Chapters 6 through 8, except for the following sections: 6.6, 6.7, 7.7, 7.8, and 8.6. Review the lecture material (including problems done in the class), HW problems, and examples given in the book. For extra practice, do some of the supplementary problems given at the end of each chapter.
3. You will be asked to do 7 problems worth a total of 50 points.
4. The cell phones, laptop computers, and tablets such as iPad will not be allowed during the Exam.
5. You must bring a calculator and copies of statistical tables.
6. The Exam will be closed-book; however, you may bring 1 sheet of notes (front and back) that can be hand-written or typed. You may also bring class handouts (these are not counted towards the one sheet of notes that you can bring to the Exam). However, you are not allowed to bring the lecture-notes, HW Solutions, and any Solutions Manuals.
7. Print your name CLEARLY at the top on each sheet of the exam paper and sign it on the front page. The entire exam package must be turned-in before you leave the classroom, even if you were unable to do a single problem. Don’t rip-off any exam pages.
8. Be prepared to show your photo-ID when handing-in your exam papers.
9. Use both sides of the sheets in the exam package.
10. For full credit, show all steps and details of your answers. Make sure to draw the diagrams, wherever applicable, to help you understand the problems better. Show all results in up to four decimal positions except when you need to round-off (e.g., sample size).
11. The exam scores will be posted on Sakai which can be accessed at: https://sakai.rutgers.edu/portal. The final grades will be posted on the ACS online system, which can be accessed at: https://www.acs.rutgers.edu/grades .